Massage TherapyHome » Services » Massage
We offer massage that combines both Eastern and Western styles and incorporates many different modalities, including Shiatsu, Thai Yoga Massage, Swedish, Trigger Point Therapy, Myofacial Release, as well as many ergonomic, deep tissue, and stretching techniques.
BENEFITS OF MASSAGE
- Massage relaxes the body and calms the mind.
- Massage improves circulation of blood and lymph which helps rid the body of toxins and wastes.
- Massage helps reduce chronic pain by breaking the “pain-spasm-pain” cycle.
- Massage relieves the muscles and joints of aches and pains.
- Massage improves flexibility and range of motion, and relieves stiffness.
- Massage brings awareness to postural imbalances and assists the body in realignment.
- Massage helps in the recuperation from physical and/or emotional trauma.
- Massage releases endorphins, the body’s “feel good hormones”.
- Massage improves the function of the immune system.
- Massage stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system, also named the “rest and digest” nervous system, enhancing feelings of relaxation and peace.
Unfortunately, one in six couples has difficulty conceiving; for most couples this is a deeply stressful and emotional situation. Many studies have demonstrated that anxiety and stress can hinder fertilization. Thus a vicious cycle begins. A relaxing massage that melts muscles and allows time for simply being and breathing can help break this cycle.
Deep and specific abdominal and low-back work is one of the only ways to increase circulation to the uterus and ovaries. Increased circulation can help rid the area of toxins and wastes while also improving the quality of the uterine lining. Because the ovaries recieve all their nutrition, oxygen, and hormonal signals via the blood, improved circulation can also affect the quality of follicles and eggs.
These specialized abdominal massage techniques can help treat fibroids, endometriosis, scar tissue and adhesions, all of which are known impediments to fertility.
Moon Cycle Massage
It is estimated that eight out of ten women suffer negative emotional and physical symptoms at different times during their menstrual cycles, which can interrupt their normal everyday life. Research shows that stress worsens PMS’s negative symptoms. Research also shows that massage calms the body’s reaction to stress. Therefore, no matter the symptom, be it erratic moods or painful cramps, massage can ease them. Massage aimed at reducing muscular tension, particularly in the low-back, can often bring quick relief to even severe cramping.
It has been shown in many studies that massage can help relieve many of the negative symptoms associated with pregnancy. Along with the general benefits of massage, the specific benefits of prenatal massage are:
- It allows you the time for support and relaxation during this time of transition.
- Massage helps you learn how to relax in preparation for both your birth, as well as your transition to motherhood.
- Massage brings you into your body, helping you learn the kinesthetic awareness that will later help you participate more actively in your labor.
- Massage reduces edema (swelling) and blood pressure, and relieves and helps reduce varicose vein development.
- Massage eases constipation, gas and heartburn.
Setting aside time to nurture yourself now can have many benefits for both you and your baby.
Adjusting to life as a new mother- or if this is not your first, a mother of many - is challenging and demanding, and setting aside time for healing and renewal is important. After labor and delivery massage can help promote structural realignment of the spine and pelvis and help reorganize your movement. Holding, feeding, and other childcare activities can cause further musculoskeletal strain. Massage can play a significant role in alleviating these new tensions and pains.
Hormonal imbalance is common after giving birth. Massage will encourage the restoration of hormonal balance, enhancing feelings of peace and happiness.
Specific illnesses and conditions require specific massage treatments. Assessment of the individual’s medical background and current health will set the parameters of the session. Massage can alleviate different types of pain: from general body aches caused by improper alignment and stress, to sciatica, frozen shoulder, fibromyalgia, as well as pain caused by cancer and other chronic diseases.. Whether the outcome of treatment is full rehabilitation or management of a chronic condition, medical massage will almost always improve an individual’s quality of life.
The affected parts of the body will be the main concern during such a massage. During the initial visit specific goals will be set and assessment of progress will be made in subsequent visits.
THAI YOGA MASSAGE
Thai massage can be traced back 2,500 years to India and the spread of Buddhism. It is performed fully clothed and on the floor. It is a dynamic form of massage that involves stretching and range of motion. A Thai Yoga massage maintains the free flow of energy throughout your body, and keeps your joints open and your muscles supple. It is called a “Yoga” massage because the therapist moves the client into Yoga positions while palming and thumbing specific areas of the body. A Thai Yoga massage is both a relaxing and invigorating experience.
SELF-CARE AND PARTNER INSTRUCTION
Proper self-care is an important component of maintaining your health.. As a part of a normal treatment, we will teach you ways that you can help yourself on your own time. Getting a partner involved provides opportunities for your loved ones to help as well. Please inquire if you are interested in partner instruction!
- 1 Hour Treatment = $75.00
- 1 ½ Hour Treatment = $105.00
- 2 Hour Treatment = $130.00